[cl-debian] dh-lisp gains support for ECL

René van Bevern rvb at negoyl.progn.org
Sun Mar 5 11:14:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

dh-lisp 0.5 would recognize FASL objects built by [11]ECL as Clisp's
FASLs and add a dependency on Clisp automatically, if a Debian package
contains FASLs of ECL. (so be sure to use the -d switch with dh-lisp
if you deliver ECL's FASLs in your packages)

dh-lisp 0.6, as I just pushed it to [12]my repository -- although I
have not released it yet -- does solve this misfeature by better
detecting file types and explicitly ignoring ECLs files.  There is
code in dh-lisp to automatically add dependencies for ECL, but it is
commented out, because there is (should be) a better way to handle it:
each ECL binary links with libecl.so, so the ecl package -- once it
comes into Debian -- should bring a shlibs description and dh_shlibdeps
should better solve this dependency. In case somebody proves me wrong
and it turns out that shlibs don't work well in this case, I can just
uncomment this code. ;-)

However, the usual features of dh-lisp also work for ECL: installation
of the implementation and their maintainer scripts and (of course)
installing CL libraries.

  11. http://ecls.sf.net/
  12. http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/rvb

	René