[cl-debian] reset of most darcs repositories

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Fri Jun 16 06:22:33 UTC 2006

Hello,

After playing round a bit with tailor I decided to convert most of my
repositories that have cvs and svn based upstreams to use tailor. I will not
simply import the new cvs release, but actually convert every cvs commit into
a darcs record,  thus giving greater granularity and smaller patches. Thus
resulting in fewer conflicts and hanging darcs.

There are a few downsides:

- the tailor stuff does not seem to be included in the darcs archive. I'm
trying to work something out for that
- I synced to HEAD, so most 'upstream' versions shifted. This is most
noticeable for sbcl which is now at a in-between version. This should get
resolved on the next release (end of this month).
- I could not get clisp to import correctly. I kept getting killed after using
several hundred megabytes of memory, so clisp is still using the old 'get the
release, add, record and tag' treatment, until I can convince them to start
using darcs :-).
- You guys have to re-get my archives

Groetjes, Peter

--