[cl-debian] Problem when trying to use pdebuild

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Wed Jul 26 01:32:09 UTC 2006

Hello again!

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 03:16:17 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> I'd like to combine this with pdebuild, but I got a strange error (as
> this isn't a new upstream version, I'm using the already-present
> .orig.tar.gz):

I found the error: in my ~/.devscripts I've the following:

  DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-i -ICVS -I.svn -I_darcs -tc"

Peter's script has something similar:

  debuild --rootcmd=fakeroot '-i_darcs|CVS|.cvsignore' -ICVS

In fact, calling `dpkg-buildpackage' from the rfc2388 folder triggers
the same error.  Adding the `-i' option solves the problem.  Thus
adding the following to my ~/.pbuilderrc was the key:

  DEBBUILDOPTS="-i -ICVS -I.svn -I_darcs -tc"

Anyway, my question still remains: is this a real bug or I
misunderstood the dpkg-buildpackage documentation?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca