[cl-debian] UCW status?

Erick Ivaan Lopez Carreon erick at fsl.org.mx
Wed Jan 18 19:40:54 UTC 2006

Hello again:

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 18:39 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm sorry for the delay in my answer...

It's fine :)

> I started to debianize parenscript, but I was stucked in the
> documentation, because I'd like to convert it to qbook (like the other
> packages Marco develops).  OTOH, I should update arnesi_dev (which I
> call simply "arnesi", because I don't provide the stable version) and
> yaclml need to be updated to a more recent checkout.

So you plan to use ucw_dev for the Debian package?

> This is the situation: most of the packages are already debianized, I
> (or someone other that want to finish) need to put the last efforts in
> it.

I plan to play with the files inthe darcs repository to get the .deb's,
maybe i learn some and then could help.

> Moreover, I'd like to have a test-script to be sure that a fresh
> install of UCW (something like `apt-get install ucw-test`, with
> ucw-test depending on ucw) brings up a basic working system.  This
> test-script could be then used by others on different archs, as ATM I
> own only an i386 :-(

This sounds good, if you elaborate a bit more i offer to work on
this :)

> BTW, IIRC quite all the dependencies are ASDF-installable [4].

Yeah i know, so i go to try parenscript whit asdf until exists the deb
package.

Do you recommend use ASDF whit cliki, url or file?

> HTH!

Thank you very much!

Greetings.

Erick Ivaan Lopez Carreon -- erick at fsl.org.mx
PGP Key 1024D/9741C03A 2004-11-19
Key fingerprint = 1764 3C6F B433 B2DD 9029  98B1 8E6B 58D3 9741 C03A