[cl-debian] UCW status?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Jan 17 17:39:40 UTC 2006

Hello!

I'm sorry for the delay in my answer...

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:59:34 +0100, Erick Ivaan Lopez Carreon wrote:
> I am plaining to use UCW, and i saw some wnpp bugs from Luca related
> to this, so i dare to asking for UCW overall status??.

Basically, university/lab work are preventing me to finish the UCW
debianization, and with that I mean also all the needed dependencies.

For the record, as Marco stated here [1], UCW depends on the following
packages, marked with a double quote (") if already present in Debian or
with a quote (') if in the CL-Debian repository only.

  - " asdf
  - " iterate
  - " cl-ppcre
  - " slime [AFAIK the correct dependency should be to cl-swank]
  - ' arnesi_dev
  - ' yaclml
  -   parenscript

I started to debianize parenscript, but I was stucked in the
documentation, because I'd like to convert it to qbook (like the other
packages Marco develops).  OTOH, I should update arnesi_dev (which I
call simply "arnesi", because I don't provide the stable version) and
yaclml need to be updated to a more recent checkout.

Then, different packages are needed accordingly to the backends you
prefer.  I think that in this case we should use the Recommends: field
instead of strict dependencies, because we cannot check for all the
possible combinations.

  - " rfc2388 [but as now, a modified source is needed [2] ]
  - " puri
  - " mod-lisp
  - " araneida
  - " portable aserve

And what about the different Lisp implementations [3]?

  - " clisp
  - " openmcl
  - " cmucl
  - " sbcl
  - " allegro
  -   lispworks

This is the situation: most of the packages are already debianized, I
(or someone other that want to finish) need to put the last efforts in
it.

Moreover, I'd like to have a test-script to be sure that a fresh
install of UCW (something like `apt-get install ucw-test`, with
ucw-test depending on ucw) brings up a basic working system.  This
test-script could be then used by others on different archs, as ATM I
own only an i386 :-(

BTW, IIRC quite all the dependencies are ASDF-installable [4].

HTH!

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/bese-devel/2005-October/001181.html