[cl-debian] A Lisp debhelper

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Sep 20 13:51:35 UTC 2005

Hello!

I'm sorry, I'm replying to an old post... :-D

On Sat 06 Aug 2005 15:10 +0200, René van Bevern wrote:
> On  6.08.05, René van Bevern wrote:
>> What's still to come: support for CL implementation
   registration.

> Okay, I have done that now. It is not quite as useful as the
  part
> for Common Lisp library packages, though, since there are lots
  of
> specific things in packages for implementations.
>
> Calling "dh_lisp sbcl" will do the following:
> 	a) install debian/sbcl.sh to
          usr/lib/common-lisp/bin/sbcl.sh
> 	b) generate postinst and prerm scripts to interact with
          the
> 	   common-lisp-controller c) nevertheless scan the package
> 	contents for ASDs to register

I used dh_lisp in the cl-rfc2388 (and I'm planning to use it also
in cl-s-xml and all the other CL packages I'll deal with), because
it's very useful and I don't need to care of correct link, etc.

However, I'd like to be sure of what I did.

Calling "dh_lisp rfc2388" will search for
debian/rfc2388.sh. However, rfc2388 doesn't have any "binary" to
install in /usr/lib/[cl]/bin/, so dh_lisp fails. Instead, if I
call "dh_lisp" only, it correctly find my rfc2388.asd and installs
it, genearting the postinst and prerm scripts.

Am I correct if I understood that as the intended behaviour?

Thx, bye, Gismo / Luca

PS, René, have you considered to apply for dh_lisp inclusion in
debhelper?