[cl-debian] cl-cffi, cl-clg 0.91

Stephan Beyer s-beyer at gmx.net
Sat Oct 29 14:34:03 UTC 2005

(PS: I sent this mail 2 1/2 hours ago and it didn't get here. Now via
webmail. Sorry, if double.)

Hi,

I wanted to play  around a bit with  Gtk+ and Cairo  yesterday, noticing
that the latest version  of clg (0.91) _seemed_  to support Cairo. Sure,
there is an examples/testcairo.lisp using :cairo and :svg-cairo, but clg
itself doesn't offer any  Common Lisp bindings  for Cairo. So, I browsed
through the  net and found  cl-cairo,  which needs  cl-cffi (the  Common
Foreign Functions Interface).

Well, I packaged  the 0.91  version of clg  (based on René  van Bevern's
work), cl-cffi and  cl-cairo, because packaging  them is the easiest and
cleanest way to install it, I think. ;)

Of course, the testcairo  example still didn't  want to work. Just naive
to think that it really needed cl-cairo.
But done work of dirty  tied up packages shouldn't  be for nothing, so I
uploaded  cl-cffi[1],  deleted cl-cairo  (and mailed  the author  of clg
about the issue) and  uploaded the "NMU" of clg  0.91. [2] The latter is
the upstream source with RvB's debian/  directory. Only the 2nd patch in
debian/patches/ is adjusted. That could mean a little less work for him,
if I didn't do everything wrong.

[1] http://noxa.de/~sbeyer/debian/packages/?main,any,cl-cffi
    http://noxa.de/~sbeyer/debian/packages/?main,src,cffi
    Without ITP.

[2] http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~stbe-in/debian-tmp/
    Source package is not lintian-clean because nmu-version-foobar.
    My changelog entries may be removed, it's rather inofficial. ;)

Best regards,
Stephan.

--
Stephan Beyer, PGP 0xFCC5040F, IRC sbeyer (seebyr, bseyer)