[cl-debian] VCS and ubuntu

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Thu Jun 23 09:56:44 UTC 2005

Kevin Rosenberg schreef:
>>Does anyone have strong ideas about any of the newer systems? I know
>>that the merge is a pain with CVS, so I'm willing to use something else...
>

> I've been using subversion for 2 years with great success, but I think
> darcs may be more appropriate as a distributed system.

darcs seems popular these days, I might try it.

>>- Ubuntu: I've setup a MOTUCommonLisp team[1 that could take care of the
>

> Why do you care about Ubuntu, especially enough to freeze develop
> around the release schedule of this commercial fork?

I care because I'm pessimistic about the release schedule of sarge, the
whole extremists situation inside Debian and because Ubuntu does seem a
more polished end-user environment.

The amount of work seems pretty small: just communication so we get a
stable version into their next release and then playing nice with bug
reports.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org