[cl-debian] VCS and ubuntu

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Thu Jun 23 03:40:01 UTC 2005

Hello world,

There are 2 things I would like to discuss:

- To ease 'group' management of the cl packages I would like to use some
 Version Control System. The main requirements are:
  * should work with big archives (cmucl)
  * should support a three-way merge (original, debianised version, new
    upstream)
  * can tag releases
  * off-line use would be great
Does anyone have strong ideas about any of the newer systems? I know
that the merge is a pain with CVS, so I'm willing to use something else...

- Ubuntu: I've setup a MOTUCommonLisp team[1 that could take care of the
ubuntu related packages and bugs. It should be a lot easier to get
changes and new packages uploaded into ubuntu then it should be into
Debian, so I encourage anyone who also uses ubuntu to also become a
member. Their main plan[2] is to keep syncing with debian until the 6th
or the 7th of July and then 'freeze' and do fixes for a while. So any
packages we would like to have as a part of breezy should either go in
before the 6th (which is difficult to tell because it depends on how
fast the NEW queue works) or we should get it in as an independent
package. Any packages are candidates? I will try to get the new cmucl in
sid as soon as they release. The pre1 package seems pretty stable enough
that the release one should present no problem. cl-aspectl could be part
of it, if the license problem gets resolved.

Any other open issues?

1: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUCommonLisp
2: http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyReleaseSchedule

Groetjes, Peter