[cl-debian] Re: clc, asdf-install, slime, fasl paths, etc.

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:50:29 UTC 2005

cl-launch has evolved quite a bit, worked around a few implementation
bugs, and is now rather stable. Can you have a peek at cl-launch and
tell me if you could (a) integrate its fasl cacheing mechanism to
c-l-c? (b) include cl-launch in debian?
   http://www.cliki.net/cl-launch

The next logical step for cl-launch would be to add an image-dumping
feature to it. But I have no time or interest to gather the required
data at the moment.

BTW, (1) c-l-c should really use $LOGNAME instead of $HOME, for its
per-user cache hierarchy, and per-user directories should be created
by root with restricted permissions, otherwise, there's a security
hole with a malicious user pre-loading another user's fasl cache with
nasty things.
(2) since we need root permissions to do things, why not just have
root compile the fasl in a controller environment? (--no-user-init and
such) IIRC c-l-c used to do that -- why did it stop?

        -- Ferenc Mantfeld