[cl-debian] Re: clc, asdf-install, slime, fasl paths, etc.

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Fri Aug 26 08:30:20 UTC 2005

Hello Faré,

Sorry for the delay, I had to consider this a little.

Faré schreef:
> concerning common-lisp-controller, there's one function of it that I'd
> like to be more extensible:
>
> (defmethod asdf:output-files :around ((op asdf:operation) (c asdf:component))

It will be un-elegant to make it more extensible without modifying the
method combination used into one that allows more methods to be called.

But your actual problem is more general then that. Maybe you should
submit a clrfi to change:

- in compile-file
 "The file to which input-file refers should be a source file.
output-file can be used to specify an output pathname; the actual
pathname of the compiled file to which compiled code will be output is
computed as if by calling compile-file-pathname."
 into
 "The file to which input-file refers should be a source file.
output-file can be used to specify an output pathname; the actual
pathname of the compiled file to which compiled code will be output is
computed by calling compile-file-pathname."
  (remove the "as if by")

- that COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME becomes a generic for which the user is
allowed to provide extra methods. Using the "or" method combination.

This would allow everything you want in a more general way, not?

In the mean time I could modify asdf:output-files to call a new method
(with the or m-c) that is more extendible. Maybe even the slime people
would like to get involved in this?

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org