[cl-debian] A Lisp debhelper

René van Bevern rvb at pro-linux.de
Fri Aug 5 22:51:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've been tired of using those lengthy postinst and prerm
scripts for the common-lisp-controller in all packages and linking
all ASDs to the directories using dh_link. (you always have to change
their names and locations in multiple places, if you need to...)

So I just wrote a litte debhelper extension that generates
automatically the postinst and prerm scripts and puts links
appropriately.

Currently it only works with Common Lisp source
packages, not implementations. You can darcs get (how to [1]) from
here[2] and build package a of it to test it. I hope the manpage is
sufficient for testing. ;)

I have converted two of my not yet released packages to dh-lisp. One
[3] is rather simple and served as the minimal requirement, the other
[4] has quite some ASD files inside of multiple directory layers. For
how the conversion looks, look at the commitdiffs.

What still needs to be tested: working on source packages that
generate multiple binary packages. So feel free to get me some
feedback. :) Just branch one of those nice Darcs repositories and go
play with it.

What's still to come: support for CL implementation registration.

Good evening, good night, ... :-)

[1] http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/
[2] http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/rvb/dh-lisp
[3] http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=cl-yacc;a=summary