[cl-curl-devel] c-string decoding error

Hans Halvorson hhalvors at Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 9 10:40:09 UTC 2007

I am trying to use cl-curl with sbcl 1.0 (unicode), and I get a
c-string decoding error (please see the backtrace below).

A web search revealed that this problem with sbcl has occurred in some
other contexts (e.g. with the stump window manager), but I did not
find any explanation of the underlying problem, or any resolution.

Thanks,
Hans

******************************

c-string decoding error (:external-format :UTF-8):
  the octet sequence 1 cannot be decoded.
   [Condition of type SB-INT:C-STRING-DECODING-ERROR]

Backtrace:
  0: (SB-INT:C-STRING-DECODING-ERROR :UTF-8 1)
  1: (SB-IMPL::READ-FROM-C-STRING/UTF-8
      #.(SB-SYS:INT-SAP #X080ACBB8)
      CHARACTER)
  2: (RETURN-STRING-INT
      #<SB-ALIEN-INTERNALS:ALIEN-VALUE :SAP #X08082F00 :TYPE (*
                                                              (SB-ALIEN:SIGNED
                                                               8))>)
  3: (RETURN-STRING
      #<SB-ALIEN-INTERNALS:ALIEN-VALUE :SAP #X08082F00 :TYPE (*
                                                              (SB-ALIEN:SIGNED
                                                               8))>)
  4: (NIL)
  5: (SB-INT:SIMPLE-EVAL-IN-LEXENV
      (WITH-CONNECTION-RETURNING-STRING (:COOKIES NIL)
                                        (SET-OPTION :URL
                                                    "http://www.foobar.com")
                                        (SET-OPTION :POSTFIELDS
                                                    "foo-bar")