[cl-containers-devel] Problems with priority queues

Josip Gracin gracin at tel.fer.hr
Thu Apr 26 20:04:08 UTC 2007

Hello!

I'm having problems with priority queue in cl-containers (installed by
asdf-install, SBCL 1.0.4.109).  Here's what I'm trying:

* (defparameter *s* (make-container 'priority-queue-on-container))

*S*
* (insert-item *s* 1.0)

#<BINARY-SEARCH-TREE {BEFBF61}>
#<METABANG.CL-CONTAINERS::BST-NODE 1.0>
* (first-item *s*)

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread"
{B7DC899}>:
   There is no applicable method for the generic function
     #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION ELEMENT (6)>
   when called with arguments
     (1.0).

I've checked the sources of cl-containers and if I delete all calls to
function ELEMENT, priority queues begin to work as expected.

Am I doing something wrong in the above example?