[cl-containers-devel] error when using CMUCL

christoph.oppawsky at t-online.de christoph.oppawsky at t-online.de
Mon Dec 11 09:09:13 UTC 2006

>I've just released 0.9.2 which rearranged the load order a bit and
>moved some class defs around. If you have time, please let me know if
>this works for you "out of the box"
>thanks,

Hi Gary,

thanks for the quick replies.

Sorry, the 0.9.2 fix (from cl-containers_latest.tar.gz) did not work out
for my CMUCL configuration . I still get the initial error message with
the

(DEFMETHOD INITIALIZE-INSTANCE :AFTER ((METABANG.CL-CONTAINERS::OBJECT
METABANG.CL-CONTAINERS:STABLE-ASSOCIATIVE-CONTAINER) [...]

during compilation of CONTAINERS.LISP.

>From looking at  CL-CONTAINERS.ASD I get the impression that CONTAINERS
also depends-on ASSOCIATIVE (for the ASSOCIATIVE-CONTAINER-MIXIN) which
is not marked down in the file. Unluckily I have no idea how to resolve
this right now as ASSOCIATIVE depends on BASIC-OPERATIONS which again
depends on CONTAINERS. I'm no ASDF-guru but I will try some things out
tonight.

Cheers, Christoph