[cl-containers-devel] Using CL-Containers

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Dec 16 15:05:34 UTC 2005

Hi Greg,

On Dec 15, 2005, at 8:24 PM, Greg Pfeil wrote:

> So, as of today, I'm successfully using CL-Containers at work. Huzzah!

Great!

> 1. I couldn't find an easy way to get an element count for a
> container.

The generic function #'size returns the element-count for any
container (someday there will be documentation <sad face>.
> 2. I couldn't find an intuitive way to reverse a list. My solution
> was:

Why would anyone ever want to reverse a list... <grin>. There isn't
one. Actually, it is sort of strange but I've never wanted to reverse
a container in all the time I've been working with them. It is,
however, a function that ought to be there.  I'll look into adding
reverse-container for subclasses of ordered containers.

> 3. I think I misunderstand the way item-at works. I figured that
> with an
> ASSOCIATIVE-CONTAINER, I could access nested hashes like:
>
>     (item-at container "Config" "server" "port") => 80

This actually should work. I'll investigate.

> Thanks a lot for this. I'm re-writing a lot of code to use CL-
> Containers
> now.

I'm glad to hear it.

> Oh, one other thing ... Will the new Moptilities require a new
> CL-Containers, or is the interface basically unchanged?

No. There will be some changes in the cl-containers code (so it will
need to be refreshed and maybe recompiled) but the interface will
stay the same.

--
Gary Warren King
metabang.com