[cl-cairo2-devel] translation of my-double type to foreign is broken

Dmitry Pavlov dmitry.pavlov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 21:59:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a problem compiling the cl-cairo2 manual:

The 'make' command, executed from the 'tutorial' directory,
says the following:

  Error during processing of --eval option "(progn (load
\"example.lisp\") (quit))":
  The value 200 is not of type DOUBLE-FLOAT.

The error is raised from the first call to cl-cairo at example.lisp:

 (create-ps-surface "example.ps" 200 100)

It seems that 200 is not converted to my-double datatype before
it is passed to the foreign function.
translate-to-foreign method for my-double doesn't get called.

I tried to fix the problem by hacking cl-cairo2-swig.lisp,
but without success.

I have SBCL 1.0.15 on Debian-unstable on amd64.
cl-cffi version number is 0.9.2 (Debian package cl-cffi_20080217-1)
cl-cairo2-latest.tar.gz I downloaded today from common-lisp.net.

With regards,
                                               Dmitry