[cl-cairo2-devel] GTK context for cl-cairo2

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:24:04 UTC 2007

Tamas,

I finally got around to integrate a gtk-context for use in gtk
applications with the latest version of cl-cairo2.  I have attached a
patch file.

The changes are

- in gtk-context.lisp
   class   gtk-context
   macro   with-gtk-context
   fun     create-gtk-context
   method  destroy method

- package.lisp
   export the above

- cl-cairo2.asd
   added gtk-context.lisp
   wrapped the defsystem in a package cl-cairo2-asd  (Just a matter of
taste; I prefer
     to keep the local package as clean as possible)

Let me know whether that's fine with you.  It'd be great if you could
commit those, so that I can finally bring out my cells-gtk drawing area (I
know ... I've been saying this for half a year).

A note on dependecies:

My new stuff depends on the feature unix, just like xlib-context.  This is
not exactly correct, since it should rather depend on the existence of
libgdk -- but I haven't figured that one out yet.  For future improvements
I included already library specs for windows and darwin, but I have no way
of testing them, since I have neither.  I think for now  dependence on
unix is just fine, since most current linux installations should come with
libgdk preinstalled.

Thanks,
Peter