[chicago-lisp] Chicago Lisp Meetup - Friday, March 21, 7pm

Peter Christensen peter at pchristensen.com
Fri Mar 14 12:18:11 UTC 2008

Dear Chicago Lispers,
         I'm proud to announce the most recent attempt to organize a Chicago
Lisp User Group.  Through some off-channel disuccion with about 10 people,
we've set our first meeting time and place.

Friday, March 21, 2008
7:00pm
Ambrosia Cafe <http://www.ambrosiahookah.com/>
1963 N. Sheffield, Chicago <http://tinyurl.com/2s6apg>
Near the Brown/Purple Line Armitage stop

You're welcome to come and try to have some input into this first of
hopefully many meetings!
Some of the things that we'll talk about are:

   1. Who is everyone and what are they working on?
   2. How often would we like to have meetings?
   3. Where would we like to meet?  Same place, rotating locations,
   city/suburbs, anyone's job willing to host, etc
   4. What should the scope of the group be?  Just Lisp/Scheme, or
   include other functional/obscure languages, etc
   5. Any common goals or efforts
   6. Have fun and get to know each other!

We'll spend a little while on the first 5, but mostly do #6.  Invite
friends, co-workers, etc.

See you there!

Peter Christensen
http://www.pchristensen.com/