[chicago-lisp] Chicago Lisp meeting planning: April 18th @ 7p

John Quigley jquigley at jquigley.com
Tue Apr 15 22:42:38 UTC 2008

Peter Christensen wrote:
> PS John, are you ready for your presentation?

Not in the least ... I'm going to be somewhat winging it this go-around, due to an unexpectedly busy schedule.

I've since scrapped the idea of re-doing my continuations talk though, as I'm looking for something new.  Hopefully this is okay with folks.  Instead, I'm going to be talking about Alan Kay's Fundamentals of New Computing initiative, specifically Piumarta's Late-bound/Combined Object-Lambda Architecture.  It's not necessarily Lisp-specific, but I'm certain people will find it of interest.

This will be a multi-part talk that I'll spread over several meetings if there's sufficient interest for me to delve deeper.

- John Quigley