[chicago-lisp] News and updates

John Quigley jquigley at jquigley.com
Fri Jan 12 21:04:55 UTC 2007

Folks:

Sorry for the quiet on my end over the past few weeks, I've been
somewhat unplugged from the Net in an attempt to get some rest during
the holidays.

I've recently purchased and setup our domain name:

http://www.chicagolisp.org/

It currently redirects to the Chicago LUG website, but I'll be putting
up a stub page for us in the next few days.

Some news updates:

- Over the holidays I organized the acquisition of a new server for the
Chicago Lisp and LUG groups.  It's a nice machine, specifically a Dell
PowerEdge Xeon 3GHz, 2GB RAM and hardware RAID.  I've also organized for
a new collocated hosting of the machine, in a nice data center down
south with redundant OC3s.  In short, we're in great shape.  I expect
everything to be up and running around the end of January.

- The Chicago LUG is meeting a week from this coming Saturday, on
January 20th, 2007 at 3:00p at the Institute of Design.  It may be
appropriate for us to meet as the Lisp group again, as well, in order to
more clearly define where we intend to go as a group in '07.  I'll leave
this up to you folks to determine whether this is necessary or not, and
what the logistics will be.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and best of luck to you all in
the new year.

Regards,
John Quigley