[chicago-lisp] How alive is this group?

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Tue Feb 28 22:21:10 UTC 2006

John Melesky wrote:
> 1. Is this group alive? The info page suggests we have over 30 people
> subscribed, but given the lack of traffic, i was wondering how many are
> still in Chicago and interested in being part of a Lisp UG.

Never lived in Chicago, but always interested in a nearby LISP UG....

> 3. Is there any desire to have a meeting? If so, are people more city-
> or suburb-based?

How about country-based?  :-)

When choosing locations, I'd prefer North Chicago, Waukegan, area - or
Rockford, etc...  I'm out there - 2hrs from Waukegan and 1hr from
Rockford....

But hey, LISP is LISP, right?

I might add - Scheme is nice, but it is different from Lisp; I'm
interested in Lisp, not Scheme (no reflection on the languages or the
people...)  That's just my interest.  Seems like the Scheme interest is
more active (maybe?)....