[chicago-lisp] announcement for next meeting?

John Quigley jquigley at jquigley.com
Thu Dec 14 19:53:08 UTC 2006

Corey Sweeney wrote:
> We have a meeting comming up on the 16th i think.  Is there gonna be a
> announcement, with some kind of link?  (I want to copy the announcement
> to another mailing list after it gets sent)

The Chicago G/LUG was planning to meet this coming Saturday.
Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.  We've experienced a severe
failure of our main server (chicagolug.org) and, as a result, our
communication network is largely disabled, so we've decided to call the
meeting off.

Our next meeting is scheduled for January 20th, at which time we'll be
back on our regular schedule, meeting every three weeks.  I'd like for
Chicago Lisp to meet along with the G/LUG, as previously discussed.  So,
let's plan on our next big meeting happening on the 2007-01-20.

I'm currently working on acquiring a new server for chicagolug.org, and
I intend to host Chicago Lisp, at their own domain, using the same
machine.  I have space in a facility including Internet connectivity; I
just need a new machine.  If you're interested in helping me financially
in this pursuit, please email me.  I'm aggressively working on this
project, and plan to have this machine ready to roll by 01-20.

We at the G/LUG are also planning regular meetups at the bar throughout
the holidays.  Our next get-together is tomorrow, at 5p, at Goose
Island.  Please feel free to join us!

I'll probably send a follow-up to this with more details.  I write this
at a company meeting for which I'm partially presenting, so my attention
is split; forgive me if anything above doesn't make sense =)

- John Quigley