[chicago-lisp] Going OT...

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Sat Dec 9 15:38:44 UTC 2006

John Quigley wrote:
> Yea, that was a poor statement on my part, and was meant as a mildly
> sarcastic remark ('mildly,' because I do system development in C, and I
> do like the language).

A LISPer doing system programming ought to use FORTH :-P

Sorry - couldn't resist.  Believe it or not, FORTH and LISP share a
lot of the best qualities (though FORTH doesn't use lists or garbage
collection).

I've been using FORTH almost as long as I've been trying to learn LISP
- except FORTH dialects (and differences) are practically inevitible,
whereas Common LISP is Common LISP.