[chicago-lisp] All quiet on the Midwestern front?

Brian Mastenbrook bmastenbrook at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 00:48:53 UTC 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 12:51 AM, Kick Damien-DKICK1 wrote:

> All of this reading is all well and good but <pause> well, it's just
> reading.  I wish I had an excuse to use Lisp in anger.  I've been
> sneaking it into silly little utilities; I don't always reach for Perl
> anymore.  I have aikido lessons in the evenings and I don't sit in my
> apartment enough on the weekends to have a lot of time to code for
> fun.  I'm looking for other avenues.  What are other people working
> on?  Is anyone using any of this stuff in anger?  I'm actually quite
> interested to hear a bit more from Paul Dietz, as he is also a
> Motorola employee.  What about jobs in the Chicago area that might
> involve Lisp?  Personally, I don't have any idea what an agenda for
> the first Chicago Lisp meeting should look like but these are some of
> the general topics of interest to me.  Actually, I live in Chicago
> (Wicker Park) but I work in Arlington Heights; I don't really often
> make it out to the suburbs on the weekends.
>
> What about everybody else?

Hi Damien,

I'm a coworker of Paul's too. :-)

There's no shortage of good restaurants between the main campus and
Arlington Heights. Since we clearly need a first suggestion, I'm going
to start by suggesting Olive Garden. The only one I know of is by
Woodfield mall, but I'm sure there are others.

Flames? Responses?
--
Brian Mastenbrook
bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu