[chicago-lisp] Ping

Jason Foreman jforeman at hark.org
Sat Aug 20 20:24:02 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I notice there has been very little activity on this list for the
past few months.  Is there anything happening with this group?

Recently I picked up Practical Common Lisp, and so far it is about
the best programming book I have ever read.  This is my first real
exposure to Lisp; by day I am stuck working in Java and loathing
every minute of it.  Lisp is really opening my mind, though not in
the same head-exploding way as Haskell (which I am also trying to
pick up).

If there are any plans for another meeting, or any sort of group
project, I'd like to try getting involved.  No doubt I would be the
least proficient Lisp programmer of the bunch, but it would be fun
all the same.

Thanks,

Jason Foreman