[chicago-lisp] Chicago Lisp user group

Brian Mastenbrook bmastenbrook at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 01:03:24 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Now that you've probably all forgotten about this list, it's probably a
good time to start setting up a meeting. The things we should probably
discuss are time/date, venue, and content / structure.

My suggestions are:

Time/Date: either a weeknight or weekend afternoon; any day of the week
is generally OK, but some specific dates might not work (The next
couple of weekends will be bad for me).
Location: Somewhere out towards the northwest suburbs. There is a good
chance that I can get Roosevelt University in Schaumburg to provide a
room for the meeting.
Content / structure: several other Lisp user groups organize their
meetings as presentations by a few people about a topic of interest. I
can do presentations on any number of topics (web serving with araneida
is a general topic that I could do any number of sub-presentations in).
I'm sure that other people can do interesting presentations too
(*cough* Paul :-)

My general thought is that we should set a general bound on topics as
topics relating to Lisp (Common Lisp, Scheme, ISLISP, other
recognizable lisps) and try to avoid presentations mostly relating to
other languages. However, I don't think that we should limit ourselves
to any one dialect of lisp - if we get *really* popular, there's always
the possibility of SIGs :-)

Thoughts?
--
Brian Mastenbrook