How to load a dylib from a particular place

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:28:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Jim Newton <jimka.issy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sent this email earlier, but then realized I was not subscribed.  So I
> have know way of knowing whether it got spam-filtered out.
> So here it is again.  Sorry if this is a repeat question.

One way to check if your message went through is to check the mailing
list archive at
<https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/cffi-devel/>. (It's not
repeated. :-))

> (cffi:load-foreign-library
> "/usr/local/Cellar/cairo/1.12.16_1/lib/libcairo.dylib")
>
> This seems indeed to load the dylib, but later my system calls
> (CFFI::LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-PATH :LIBCAIRO "libcairo.dylib" NIL)
> which apparently does not realise :LIBCAIRO is already loaded, so it
> tries to load cairo again but from
> /usr/local/Cellar/cairo/1.14.6_1/lib/libcairo.2.dylib

Perhaps <https://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/manual/html_node/_002aforeign_002dlibrary_002ddirectories_002a.html>
may help? Push #p"/usr/local/Cellar/cairo/1.12.16_1/lib/" onto that
variable.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira