Groveller feature proposal: include-local

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Tue Sep 13 11:58:30 UTC 2016

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Chris Bagley <chris.bagley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> (include-local "some_header_lib.h")
> >
> > I'd love to hear some thoughts on this. I'm happy to get this done if
> > it's approved.
>
> Makes sense. If we were starting from scratch perhaps we could have
> (include "<foo.h>") and (include "foo.h") instead. (include
> "\"foo.h\"") would be strange, right?
>
> Anyway, include-local seems like the way to go.

I think it's better for the groveler to add the source directory to the include path, so that the distinction doesn't matter.

with grovel.c being

<<<
#include <foo.h>

cc -I/path/to/sources/ grovel.c

will then search for foo.c first in /path/to/sources/ and then in the default system include path.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix