RFC about extending defctype to support c like inline types

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:19:39 UTC 2016

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 18:24:04 +0100, Attila Lendvai wrote:
> (cffi:defctype typeName (cffi:cenum a b))
[...]
>  1) extend cffi:defctype (and anything else?) to support the above
>     mentioned missing feature.

It makes perfect sense to support anonymous enums, structs,
etc. Lispworks's FLI supports this, IIRC.

I don't think you need to change DEFCTYPE at all. You just need to
implement :enum/:struct/etc type parsers using DEFINE-PARSE-METHOD.

Difficulties may lurk, of course. :-) Let me know if you need help.

Cheers,
Luís