[cffi-devel] Re: Need foreign string method for translate-into-foreign-memory?

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Sun Oct 20 03:40:44 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-10-19 at 15:28 -0400, Liam Healy wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Anyway, a test using libtest (or some standard C function, if we can
>> > force libffi to kick in for functions that don't use structures) would
>> > be nice. Do you have the time/inclination to give it a go?
>>
>> How about this? In fsbv.lisp
>>
>>       ;;; Combine structures by value with a string argument
>>       (deftest fsbv.7
>>       (stringlenpair "abc" '(1 . 2))
>>       (3 . 6))
>>

> (asdf:test-system :cffi)

Thanks Stelian.

I've added a test that calls a function with both a string and a
structure by value. I confirmed that it does not pass without the new
expand-to-foreign-dyn-indirect method, and it does pass with it.
Head:       b0f1979747 - Foreign functions with both string and
structure-by-value calls

Liam