[cffi-devel] Re: Need foreign string method for translate-into-foreign-memory?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 13:14:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Liam Healy <lnp at healy.washington.dc.us> wrote:
> I'm not even sure why e-t-f-d-indirect doesn't always just call
> e-t-f-d except where the type is directly represented, but I'm not
> going to mess with something that works.

I guess it's because of that exception since we have to deal with
user-defined types. Perhaps if the types could be characterised as
immediate versus pointer/aggregate (or something like that) then we
could be smarter about e-t-f-d-indirect.

Anyway, a test using libtest (or some standard C function, if we can
force libffi to kick in for functions that don't use structures) would
be nice. Do you have the time/inclination to give it a go?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/