[cffi-devel] close-foreign-library assert

nan noncopyable at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 07:27:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:47:54 +0200, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> cffi-tests tries to load cffi-libffi which requires libffi's
> development headers. You don't need to actually load cffi-tests
> though. Just cd into the tests/ directory and run make to compile
> libtest.so.

Tested both libtest.so and my library, loading/unloading libtest.so was
fine. So i tried removing shared dependencies of my library (i actually
had 4 shared libraries, cffi dynamically loads one of them, the one that
dynamically linked to other 3) After converting 3 of 4 shared libraries to
static library loading/unloading works.

I think, with load-foreign-library/close-foreign-library i was replicating
what reload-foreign-libraries already does.

Now the hard part, making this reload cycle work, to see the changes i
made with compiling c code take effect. Which i think won't be as easy as
i thought it would :)

Thanks Luis!