[cffi-devel] close-foreign-library assert

nan noncopyable at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:10:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:50:25 +0200, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM, nan <noncopyable at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In addition to that, since sbcl calls dlopen with RTLD_GLOBAL|RDLD_NOW
>> flags, i tried that too, all works as expected.
>
> In that case, can you try it with another Lisp?

cmucl gives the same error.
ecl takes the easy way out, %close-foriegn-library not implemented (which
is so much better than that assert)
clisp looks like it works, returns T.
ccl couldn't manage to install it with archlinux-aur package
abcl stuck at:
; Compiling
xxx/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/cffi_0.11.0/src/cffi-abcl.lisp ...
#<THREAD "interpreter" {7F81C2}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type
SIMPLE-ERROR
   Don't know how to REQUIRE JSS.
Restarts:
   0: RETRY     Retry compiling #<ASDF/LISP-ACTION:CL-SOURCE-FILE "cffi"
"src" "cffi-abcl">.
   1: ACCEPT    Continue, treating compiling
#<ASDF/LISP-ACTION:CL-SOURCE-FILE "cffi" "src" "cffi-abcl"> as having been
successful.
   2: TOP-LEVEL Return to top level

Should i try allegro and lispworks? (I don't have them installed yet,
forms and registrations scare me!)

Thanks for quick response!