[cffi-devel] close-foreign-library assert

nan noncopyable at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 04:53:33 UTC 2013

Hello again!

I am working on a project which used to be completely in C++, now i am
gradually moving some of it to CL. For this reason i need to work on both
sides, which requires me to reload cffi bindings too often. I couldn't
find anything related to this in documentation. Probably this is not an
intended use case so there is no support. Which means i need to use my
hammer again, restart image :)

So, i started playing with load-foreign-library/close-foreign-library
(probably not intended for this purpose) and whenever i call
close-foreign-library with the result of load-foreign-library, i get this
explosion:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 765: _dl_close: Assertion
`map->l_init_called' failed!

Tracing this assert shows it was triggered from dlclose system call in
sbcl source, and i am not entirely sure where i should report this bug.

I am still on archlinux using sbcl-git package from aur. Could it be
another archlinux related bug?

Thanks.