[cffi-devel] [quicklisp] Re: always recompile with "asdf:load-system"

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:56:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> I think Quicklisp works fine with ASDF 3, though I haven't tested it
> myself. I also haven't tested the libraries shipped with Quicklisp with
> ASDF 3 yet. Quicklisp provides a copy of ASDF 2.26 if the implementation
> doesn't already provide 2.26 or a newer version.

Thanks for the clarification. FWIW, "nan" reported on cffi-devel that
his issues were solved with a more recent version of ASDF (2.32.24).
One of the issues is perhaps merely inconvenient (more recompilation
than necessary), the other one (serial dependencies not being
enforced) doesn't appear to affect projects included in Quicklisp
otherwise you would have found compilation errors in your tests.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/