[cffi-devel] always recompile with "asdf:load-system"

nan noncopyable at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:43:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:34:27 +0200, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 11:15 +0200, nan wrote:
> [...]
>> > I'll try to reproduce this. Can you give me detailed instructions on
>> > how to reproduce the problem? That'd be rather helpful.
>>
>> I am using static-vectors as example because it is the first project i
>> could find using cffi-grovel other than mine.
>>
>> (ql:quickload :static-vectors)
>>
>> ;;; at this point whenever i restart image and load it, it gets compiled
>> ;;; i am a CL noob so i'll restart image here, with
>> (,restart-inferior-lisp ,rest works!)
>> ,rest
>> (asdf:load-system :static-vectors)
>>
>> But if i did this with cl-opengl (another project based on cffi but
>> doesn't use cffi-grovel) after ql:quickload, it just loads without
>> compilation.
>
> Sounds like you are using an old version of ASDF.

(ql:update-client)
Installed version 2012112500 is as new as upstream version 2012112500. No
update.
(ql:update-all-dists)
1 dist to check.
You already have the latest version of "quicklisp": 2013-03-12.
(asdf:asdf-version)
"2.26"

I am on archlinux, and i get this with both:

SBCL 1.1.5.5-203e2ac (sbcl-git)
ECL 12.12.1 (arch standard package)

Do i need to install asdf manually?
Thanks!