[cffi-devel] preparing to test ABCL trunk

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Apr 3 08:46:31 UTC 2013

On 4/2/13 10:58 PM, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>> Yes, it fixes this problem.
>>
>> I thought I had already sent you a message confirming that this change
>> should be applied:  sorry if that didn't happen.
>
> Grabbed ABCL 1.1.1 to test before preparing a bugfix release for CFFI
> but I'm seeing a bunch of failures related to callbacks. Were you
> aware of these failures? Should I delay the release so we (hopefully
> you!) can look at these failures?
>
> 29 unexpected failures: CALLBACKS.CHAR, CALLBACKS.UNSIGNED-CHAR,
>    CALLBACKS.SHORT, CALLBACKS.UNSIGNED-SHORT, CALLBACKS.LONG,
>    CALLBACKS.UNSIGNED-LONG, CALLBACKS.LONG-LONG,
>    CALLBACKS.UNSIGNED-LONG-LONG, CALLBACKS.POINTER,
>    CALLBACKS.NIL-FOR-NULL, FOREIGN-GLOBALS.NAMESPACE.1,
>    FOREIGN-GLOBALS.NAMESPACE.2, FOREIGN-GLOBALS.NAMESPACE.4,
>    MAKE-POINTER.HIGH, FOREIGN-ALLOC.1, FOREIGN-ALLOC.2, FOREIGN-ALLOC.3,
>    FOREIGN-ALLOC.4, FOREIGN-ALLOC.6, FOREIGN-ALLOC.8, FOREIGN-ALLOC.9,
>    NULL-POINTER-P.NON-POINTER.1, NULL-POINTER-P.NON-POINTER.2,
>    NULL-POINTER-P.NON-POINTER.3,
>    STRUCT-VALUES-DEFAULT.TRANSLATION.MEM-REF.1,
>    STRUCT-VALUES-DEFAULT.TRANSLATION.MEM-REF.2, FSBV.2, FSBV.3, FSBV.4.

I've [just submitted all that I have at the moment to address these
issues][24], which isn't much.  Unfortunately, last week has been a week
of fever and so forth, so when I am going to be able to work on these
things again is uncertain.  Therefore, I would advise releasing a minor
revision of CFFI with this and Stellian's work to go with Quicklisp
April 2013.

[24]: https://github.com/cffi/cffi/pull/24

Some of the FOREIGN-GLOBALS* tests appear to pass on some platforms and
not others.

Callbacks with pointers seem to just not work, for which I [posted a
test case in Java][1], but got a less than clear response.  When I get
healthy again, I will revisit more pure-Java examples to understand
exactly how JNA is supposed to be working.

[1]:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/jna-users/qPUkrTqoesU