[cffi-devel] CFFI-GROVEL ASDF integration

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:31:47 UTC 2012

>> Did you define a method on component-depends-on, so that
>> process-op will depend on the load-op?
>>
>> Something like that might do:
>>
>> (defmethod component-depends-on ((o process-op) (c grovel-file))
>>  `((load-op ,@(component-load-dependencies c))
>>    ,@(call-next-method)))
>>
>> You might even skip the call-next-method.
>
> No I had not. Adding this method solves the problem that Luis encountered. I have attached a new patch incorporating this method. Thank you for your help.

Note that I've just fixed a long-standing bug in ASDF 2.26.9,
whereby in older versions of ASDF this will cause excessive recompilation,
and would have to instead use component-do-first (which I have just removed).
Don't be alarmed if you see too much recompilation (but tell me, I like
my hypotheses confirmed) — and instead upgrade to ASDF 2.26.9, or ASDF 2.27
when it's out later this month.

If mice were the ultimate input device, humans would be born
with one arm and three fingers.