[cffi-devel] Unit tests failures on different lisps

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Dec 28 23:11:21 UTC 2011

Some test results from me:

SBCL on Mac OSX: no unexpected failures

ACL 8.2 x86_64 on Mac OSX: crash in test.  This is the test:

#-cffi-features:no-long-long
(progn
  (defcfun "my_llabs" :long-long
    (n :long-long))

  (deftest defcfun.long-long
      (my-llabs -9223372036854775807)
    9223372036854775807))

I believe that ACL has no long long --- why is this test executed?  I
see this in cffi-allegro.lisp:

#-64bit (pushnew 'no-long-long *features*)
(pushnew 'flat-namespace *features*)

Since I am running a 64-bit allegro, I believe that the #-64bit should
simply be removed.

Also, probably we should fix the test so that it fails, instead of
crashing in compilation...

With no-long-long added to the feature set, I see:

10 unexpected failures: FUNCALL.LONG-LONG, FUNCALL.VARARGS.DOUBLE,
   DEFCFUN.VARARGS.FLOAT, DEFCFUN.VARARGS.DOUBLE, DEFCFUN.BFF.1,
   POINTERP.4, POINTERP.5, POINTER-EQ.NON-POINTERS.1,
   POINTER-EQ.NON-POINTERS.2, NULL-POINTER-P.NON-POINTER.2.

CCL 1.7 on Mac OSX: no unexpected failures

Hope that helps,