[cffi-devel] :pointer size on 64-bit OS's

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:54:26 UTC 2010

Perhaps you are jumping the gun with theories as to why it doesn't
work. Perhaps 32-bit SBCL simply isn't reliable when run on 64-bit
Windows. One thing to try would be a small test that calls any foreign
function in a tight loop. Let that run for a bit, see if it explodes.
If it works, add some consing to the loop to make the the GC is
behaving. After that I'm not sure what the next step is in morphing it
toward the code known to fail. Maybe go in the opposite direction,
stripping down the failing code to a minimum (turn off sound, input,
and any other non-video SDL subsystems, rip out all the rendering and
event handling, etc.)

(I personally am amazed whenever anything works on any version of
Windows, but anticipation of these sort of problems is exactly when I
never seriously considered SBCL or CCL for deploying applications to
other people)