[cffi-devel] Cffi-uffi-compat and clsql-mysql on SBCL

Alexandre Paes alex.paes at streetdogstudio.com
Fri Aug 6 11:27:24 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble running with the latest clsql-mysql package
because the systems complains about a couple of undefined functions. I'm
running the latest cffi (i believe it's still 0.10.5).

Here's where my compilation fails:

The function CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT::FOREIGN-ENCODED-OCTET-COUNT is undefined.

    [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

My first attempt was to copy that function definition along with some
required global variable uffi:*default-foreign-encoding* but then i get
a new failure with a different function:

The function CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT::STRING-TO-OCTETS is undefined.

    [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

I guess i can copy the uffi definition for this function as well, but
that feels like getting too hackish for my taste.

Is this something i'm doing wrong or the cffi-uffi-compat package is not
fully uffi-2.0.0 compatible?

Any ideas of how i should tackle this issue?

Cheers,

Alex Paes