[cffi-devel] ECL specific changes for CFFI

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:51:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> That was the probably the original intent. Is this problematic for
>> ECL? (I'm guessing it's because of the GC?)
>>

> It is very problematic because ECL allocates and frees foreign memory using
> the garbage collector. If the user applies FOREIGN-FREE upon a pointer  that
> was NOT created using CFFI, then ECL's garbage collector will choke. The
> tests we causing ECL to hang.

I attach you an updated patch that fixes CFFI's test suite. Could you please
include it in the tree? With the current abuse of FOREIGN-FREE ECL hangs and
this is causing my test farm a lot of headaches.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)