[cffi-devel] %mem-{set,ref} can be inlined?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 25 14:37:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Actually it would be nice if instead of a compiler macro I could define
> them
> > to be just plain macros. Anything that prevents it?
>
> It might work for this particular case, but I'd prefer compiler
> macros. See DEFINE-MEM-ACCESSORS in cffi-sbcl.lisp for an example.

The problem with compiler macros is that they may stop working depending on
the optimization settings.

Also it is not clear to me from the definitions whether %mem-set returns a
value, or whether I can simply produce a form that does not return anything.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)