[cffi-devel] Strange equivalence

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 14:09:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> that associates, for the ECL port, a byte with the CFFI :char type. Is this
> intended per-specification? Why not using ECL's :char type, which might be
> more than one byte if the compiler and operating system expect so?

My guess is that we're using :byte instead of :char because ECL's
:char converts C chars to Lisp characters, which is not what CFFI's
:char is supposed to do. In any case, the C spec states that
sizeof(char) == 1, does it not?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/