[cffi-devel] :int64 on 32-bit Lispworks Professional for Windows

John Fremlin jf at msi.co.jp
Tue Mar 3 01:01:57 UTC 2009

"Chun Tian (binghe)" <binghe.lisp at gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> Current CFFI code just set a "no-long-long" feature on 32-bit
> lispworks, and I agree that a single cffi feature is not enough to
> describe this. Let me see what else I can do. I need IOlib on 32-bit
> LispWorks.

For an old project using Lispworks I simply commented out the few iolib
features that use 64-bit and we were able to get TCP/IP networking up
and running rather easily on both Linux and FreeBSD.

Perhaps you can persuade iolib to automatically disable them or use the
OS's 32-bit APIs on Lisps with crippled FFIs.

If you want more powerful access to UDP, let me recommend again my CFFI
UDP library, which works fine on Lispworks 32-bit ;-)

 http://www.cliki.net/cffi-udp

[...]