[cffi-devel] Merging the cffi+lotsastuff branch; new dependencies

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Mon Apr 7 14:44:42 UTC 2008

I like the idea of including cffi-grovel.  I would very convenient to
me if it were included.

The dependencies worry me.  I certainly understand the desire to avoid
duplication of code, but making dependencies makes it harder to
install.  For example, none of these three dependencies is present in
Debian, yet cl-cffi is.  I know you're not the Debian maintainer for
cl-cffi, but how would this be managed?  Difficulty of installation is
a bigger barrier for those new to Lisp, and I expect that CFFI would
be important for many newcomers who wish to continue to use software
they used in the non-Lisp environment.

Liam