[cffi-devel] LispWorks 5.0/5.1 and LONG-LONG support

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 02:59:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

> 2008/4/5 Chun Tian (binghe) <binghe.lisp at gmail.com>:
>> I ... think CFFI should support LispWorks 5.0 for long-long
> [...]
>> Since it's not hard to consider both versions, I (personal) hope
>> you can
>> support them both, and that will be perfect.
>
> Can you test the attached patch (diffed against cffi+lotsastuff) and
> see if it works for both LW 5.1 and 5.0? I only have the 32-bit
> Personal Edition so I can't test long-long support myself.

Your patch is OK for 5.1, but in 5.0, cannot compile src/cffi-
lispworks.lisp:

**++++ Error in CFFI-SYS:%MEM-SET:
   Unknown block $MEM-REF

I think, in the definition of (DEFINE-COMPILER-MACRO CFFI-SYS:%MEM-
SET), this part has something wrong:

         #+(and lispworks-64bit lispworks5.0)
         (when (or (eql type :unsigned-long-long)
                   (eql type :long-long))
           (return-from %mem-ref form))

I don't know how to fix it, I'm just a newbie in DEFINE-COMPILER-MACRO.

> By the way, foreign strings seem completely broken. Do the string
> tests pass for you?

How to do this test? On LispWorks 5.1 (amd64-linux), I load the ASDF-
TESTS package, and load the tests/run-test.lisp, all seems OK, no
error found.