[cffi-devel] CLISP no longer supports ffi::foreign-library-function

Barry Fishman barry_fishman at acm.org
Sat Apr 5 19:56:29 UTC 2008

"Luís Oliveira" <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Barry Fishman <barry_fishman at acm.org> wrote:
>>  1 out of 219 total tests failed: DEFCFUN.VARARGS.DOCSTRINGS.
> [...]
>>  GNU CLISP 2.45 (2008-04-04) (built 3415900623) (memory 3415900915)
>>  Software: GNU C 4.2.1 (SUSE Linux)
>
> I tried again with the latest CLISP from CVS (2008-04-03) and GCC
> 4.2.1-5ubuntu4 and I still get a core dump when running the callback
> tests.

Luckly enough, my system dual boots to Ubuntu.

After bringing my stuff up to date, I tried building the latest CVS CLISP
there, and when I did a "make test" on CLISP, I got, on its callback test,
the message and core dump you had seen.

Then I remembered that another change in CLISP is to seperately package
the FFCALL interface.  Although Ubuntu comes with these libraries, they
don't seem to work.  I rebuild the libraries from the CVS repository:

  Repository:   :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/libffcall
  Root:         ffcall

After patching CLISP's make file to use the CVS version of these
libraries, everything worked fine.

--
Barry Fishman