[cffi-devel] newtypes compile error with LispWorks 5.0.1

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:12:29 UTC 2007

Hello. I'm getting the following compile errors in cffi-lispworks.lisp from
the newtypes branch under LW 5.0.1 (WinXP):

**++++ Error in CFFI-SYS:%FOREIGN-STRING-LENGTH:
  Undefined operator CONVERT-FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF-TYPE in form
(CONVERT-FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF-TYPE TYPE).

**++++ Error in CFFI-SYS:%LISP-STRING-INTO-FOREIGN:
  Undefined operator CONVERT-FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF-TYPE in form
(CONVERT-FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF-TYPE TYPE).

I see that there are compiler macros defined for
%MEM-REF and %MEM-SET which call
CONVERT-FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF-TYPE. With a copy&paste
into the REPL, I'm able to define that function manually.
Also (cl:find-symbol "FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF" "FLI") returns T
on my machine.

And that's about where my expertise with compiler macros
drops off into the abyss. Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks.

--
Jack Unrue